Changing lives, one child at a time
Who We Are
The Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre (SKCAC) is collaborative in approach and innovative in spirit. We are a not-for-profit organization – in alliance with the Calgary Police Service, Calgary Region Children’s Services, Alberta Health Services, Alberta Justice Calgary Crown Prosecutors’ Office, the RCMP, Alberta Education, The University of Calgary and Treaty 7 – that aims to set new standards for providing a strategic, effective and proven approach to child abuse.
Charting A Bold Path
With a shared purpose, the Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre (SKCAC) is moving forward confidently and strategically to the day when…
- The issue of child abuse is front and centre
- The entire community owns the responsibility to value and support the well-being of children, youth and families
- All perpetrators are brought to justice
- Children and families have access to all the support they need, in the place where they live
- No child or youth is abused
A Centre of Excellence
The power of the Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre is unleashed through integrated services, the right support at the right time – that reduce the long-term impact of trauma and enable children, youth and families to recover to lead healthy, productive lives.